Thursday, 3 November 2016

Today an Enviroschools cluster group of primary teachers visited our Kindergarten to experience our commitment to the natural environment. This visit gave me the opportunity to be actively involved in welcoming the visitors to our kindergarten and I lead the karakia kai to bless the food we were about to consume. This visit also provided a great opportunity to share my knowledge about our kindergarten and the areas that I am passionate about it also was great to receive feed back from the visiting teachers, hearing how they could feel the values of Enviroschools from the moment they walked through the gate, comments about how natural our equipment and furniture were and how it felt like they were entering an oasis. I think as teachers working in an environment it is easy to forget how far our kindergarten has come on its enviroschools journey and by having visitors it highlights some of the things that we are doing that have just become our daily practice.