Tuesday, 18 October 2016

Toni shared in the thinking room at Nature Discovery that her sister had brought a story home from school about a massage circle, so I suggested that maybe she might like to talk us through what to do and make a massage circle at the Sharda Center. Toni was excited to be retelling this experience and stepped up into a leadership position, directing her friends and leading the techniques she was sharing. It was lovely to share this moment with her mum who was parent helping today.

I said to Toni that it would be great to get a copy of the story so that we could share this experience with the wider group back at kindergarten. Later that day Toni and her mum came back to kindergarten after session with the book they had borrowed at school, I was able to take a copy of it and Toni was able to share this experience with everyone a few days later.

It was really rewarding to be able to extend Toni's interest in this book and her massage experience, encouraging her leadership skills and seeing her embrace the opportunities to extend her learning experience. I was also able to show Toni that I valued her contribution to the groups learning experience and show her that even adults are still learning new skills.