I
Had a Dream
Isaac this morning you were
excited to share with me that you’d had a dream last night and you were
bursting at the seams to tell me all about it. You told me…”In my dream there
was a car and it got stuck in the mud and there was a logging truck and it
towed it out. When the truck towed the car out it did a wheelie and a skid!”
Isaac I could see that this dream had quite an impact on you so suggested that
perhaps you might like to create a picture about it. Isaac you thought this was
a good idea and got straight to work. Once you had finished I encouraged you to
label your work with your name. Isaac as you were creating your art work I
wondered if I could encourage you to include more detail into your work by
studying a picture of a logging truck. Once you had completed your work I asked
you if you would like me to find a picture of a logging truck so you could have
another go at recreating your dream. Isaac you thought this was a great idea
and together we looked at different images on my computer until you found one
that had the closest resemblance to the one in your dream. Isaac you went and
retrieved the picture from the photo copier and got straight to work, as you
began to draw I suggested we look at all the different parts that made up the
logging truck such as the wheels, the front grill, the side mirrors, the logs
and the trailer. Isaac I could see that you were really studying the picture
and thinking about how you could recreate the image onto your paper. As you
drew the front grill on the truck you paused to count how many lines it had on
it and then counted the lines that you were making onto your picture. Once you
were happy with the truck you then moved your focus to the car, asking if we
could look for a blue car like the one in your dream. Isaac I was really
impressed with the way you embraced the challenge I put to you, taking your
time to study the pictures and having a go at capturing more detail in your art
work. I loved the way that you were so expressive when describing your dream
and through this expression I was able to visualise for myself what your dream
may have been like. This creative experience has helped you to retell your
story to others, showing me that you have fabulous confidence in expressing
your thoughts and ideas to others. You really captured our imagination and had
the whole table waiting to hear what came next. Thanks for sharing Isaac, I
look forward to hearing what you dream about next. Written for Isaac by
Cassandra, 15 May 2017