Friday, 18 November 2016

I have introduced Whakataka Karakia as a Waiata at morning mat time as suggested by Karlene and feel that it is defiantly helping me with both remembering the words and my pronunciation. I thought it would be nice to hold hands in our circle and sway in time to the music, our tamariki seem to be enjoying this and I feel more of them are joining in. Today I had a bit of a technology melt down and couldn't get my iPad to work so couldn't access you tube where the Waiata is based, a few weeks ago this would have put me into a nervous panic especially with tamariki, teachers and parents all watching and waiting. But instead I just went with it knowing that I had been feeling better about the Waiata so decided to do an echo with the tamariki. I was really proud of myself it came out so much better than I had hoped, I felt I was a much better role model to our tamariki and the words came out with much greater ease. Dianne gave me some nice feed back which also boosted my confidence. I think for me Te Reo is easier for me to learn through song, this is how I learnt at school and it just seems to work for me.