Wednesday, 14 September 2016

Today we went over to the new entrant class to learn about what methods they use to teach children to write. I was interested to see if they followed a certain program and was excited to discover it was 'Letter Land', this was the program that my children used when they first started school. With this new knowledge and hints on Apps to download on the Ipad I feel that I will be able to better support children at kindergarten who are showing an interest in writing and letter formation. I now know what language to use and a better idea of letter direction and look forward to putting this new knowledge into practice with the children. It is so valuable to be strengthening our relationship with Katrina the new entrant teacher, being able to share our knowledge on children that have gone to Tuakau Primary and her giving us feed back about their progress. She also said that our children are well prepared for school and are eager to learn.