Appraisal
documentation with Tina Taylor at Tuakau Primary
I have struggled to get my head around the new appraisal documentation,
finding the paper work overwhelming and putting this in the too hard basket
even though I know this isn’t the answer. I asked one of the teachers from
Tuakau Primary how they are documenting their appraisals and she shared with me
that it is carried out using a blog post format. This seemed simple to me I
could see how it would reduce a lot of the paper work and doubling up that is
expected of us at present. I organised a meeting with the Deputy Principal Tina
Taylor who had set up the appraisal system for the school and asked Dianne and
Donna to come along with me. I thought this way we could all hear first-hand
how this is achieved, I thought this system was much more user friendly and
effective compared to our current system and Dianne and Donna agreed seeing
many benefits. As a team we were able to discuss different aspects that we
thought would be useful with Tina. We then approached Dianne Akast to see if
she thought we would be able to use this system and are now waiting to hear
back from her. I was hoping that we would be able to start this new system or
something similar at the start of term three, but this is looking very unlikely
due to the association’s indecision so far. It was a relief to discover that
there were other ways of recording this process and that I was able to share
this discovery with the rest of my team, I hope we will get a positive our come
shortly.
Updated 24 July 2016