Wednesday, 13 January 2016

13 January 2016
PMI Workshop
Which criteria does t     
      1-Establish and maintain effective professional relationships focused on the learning and wellbeing of all akonga.
      4-Demonstrate commitment to ongoing professional learning and development of personal professional practice.                                                                                                                                                        
Why does this evidence this criterion?
I engaged in ethical, respectful positive and collaborative, professional relationships with teaching colleagues and other professionals.
I participated responsively in professional learning opportunities within the learning community.
How has this impacted on your practice?
It gave me the opportunity to engage in dialogue with other professionals, listen to their views and sharing my own. By doing this it has made me more confident in articulating my practice, what I do and what I can do better.
        
How has does this show that your practice has changed/improved?
Being involved in this workshop demonstrated to me how the five competencies of Tataiako can be put into practice. This has helped to strengthen my knowledge of Tataiako.
Whanaungatanga-building relationships
Tangata Whenuatanga- learning within a cultural context
Manaakitanga- Values, integrity, trust, sincerity, equity
Wananga- robust dialogue for the benefit of learners, co constructing, knowledge, innovation
Ako- reciprocal teaching and learning, taking responsibility for own learning